While my upcoming blog post will be about the impact and reach of influencer marketing, today’s tip is for you to find ways right now to amplify your outreach beyond the intended target. Cold calling and emailing simply will not cut it if you’re looking to make a dent in your selling universe.
When was the last time you needed to reach a decision maker but did not know the person’s email address? If you answered, “today” continue reading. Here are my three top tips to help you connect with the right person at the right time. With these three tips you can supercharge your lead generation.
- Take time to check if an email is valid or not before sending by copying and pasting it into Mailtester.com. Not only is this service free but it is a quick and effective way to verify even your best guess at an email address. Give it a try today and let me know what you think.
- Save time validating many email addresses by using the Nudge chrome extension. Nudge is a fantastic tool which connects to your gmail account. Use it to display information such as social, or professional via a sidebar. By hovering the cursor over an email address this information in the sidebar will appear. When this information appears you know your email is valid.
- If you are having a hard time finding valid email suggestions here is a quick way to come up with 30. The Find That Email chrome extension generates a list of 30+ email addresses. All you have to do is first provide the web-domain, first-name and last name of the person you are trying to contact. This is a great tool to find the right address for any cold email.
I use these tools daily and find them to be a must have for any person who sells. SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Supercharge your lead generation skills today!
Let me know what you think in the comment section below.
What can I tell you about entrepreneurship and juggling commitments? To be honest, you are only going to be as good as your time management skills allow you to be. This is something I’ve been working on in my own work life, the tips I have to share can help you as well. Remember, change doesn’t happen overnight. Take your time and these tips should help get your productivity to the next level.
- Track Your Time: Make the most of your time by blocking every possible hour of work and relaxation. By using a method called time-blocking you can control when you do various types of tasks. If you answer calls, send emails or find yourself doing the same tasks every day, this is perfect for you. Set aside blocks of time each day for those specific tasks. This will allow you to have a clearer picture of how much time you need to complete what you may be working on. By holding yourself accountable to time-blocks you can also ensure the day does not get away from you. No more late nights at the office – some work can wait till tomorrow.
- Work Smarter: Remember that working harder does not guarantee you will find success. In fact, if you only try to work harder you’re likely to only burn yourself out. One way to work smarter is to rank what you are working on. Don’t laugh at me, prioritization is easier said than done. To do this you will have to acknowledge that not everything you do is of value. In fact, some of it has no value at all. These are the tasks that you should be spending the least amount of time on. To keep your focus on point try writing down your high priority items each day. Your goal should be to complete the tasks that provide the most value to you and that are most critical. Make sure you are working towards their completion.
- Treat your time as precious: You only have a finite amount of time on this planet. And as such you should be aware not to waste it. This is especially true with work. If you let time slip away from you one of two things will happen.
You will either:
- Never complete what you are working on because you continually delay the tasks needed to finish or…
- Spend too much time perfecting what you are working on and never get around to your other priorities
Both of those outcomes should scare the hell out of you. Here is one tip to help hold yourself accountable and make it easier for you to finish what you’ve started. Find a person who will be honest with you and isn’t afraid to tell you when you’ve started slipping into bad habits. An accountability partner, whether a friend or family member is one way to keep yourself in check.
I hope this helps. Your success in life is my goal. Now I challenge you to try these tips and let me know how it goes. Have a productivity tip you’d like to share? Let me know in the comment section below or find me on Twitter by clicking here.